Just follow any one of these easy steps:
The FAFSA can be completed at www.fafsa.gov.
You must file the FAFSA to apply for the Federal Pell Grant, PHEAA Grant, Direct Loans, Federal Work Study and the TEACH Grant.
1. We strongly recommend that you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool provided on the FAFSA. This tool allows the information filed with the IRS to be directly transferred to the FAFSA. The IRS Data Retrieval is available February 1st. Using this option may reduce documents that you are asked to provide to the Financial Aid Office and may also reduce the possibility of errors on your FAFSA application. Students who file their FAFSA before February 1st can use tax estimates. Once your taxes are filed, you should use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to update or correct your previously submitted FAFSA.
2. Pennsylvania Residents MUST file the FAFSA no later than April 30, 2014 to be considered for a PHEAA Grant for 2014-2015.
3. If you have been granted a Dependency Override in a prior year, you need to file your FAFSAonline and contact the Financial Aid Office so that we may make the necessary certifications to your FAFSA application.
4. Do not mail any documents to the federal processor when completing the Renewal FAFSA online!
5. The 2013-2014 FAFSA deadline is June 30, 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Registration and Financial Services. We are located in 224 South Hall, or you may call us at 570-662-4411.
At Mansfield University Federal Direct Loans are awarded to students (who qualify) and parents who indicate an interest in Parent PLUS loans. The Federal Student loan lender is the U.S. Department of Education (the Department) rather than a bank or other financial institution. This will require all Federal student loan borrowers to complete a Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note at the Department's Direct Loan web site at www.studentloans.gov .
Parents of dependent students who are interested in applying for the Federal Parent PLUS loan for summer 2014 or the 2014/2015 academic year can go to the Department's Direct Loan web site at www.studentloans.gov to apply. If the loan is approved, the parent borrower will also need to complete the electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) and a Parent Title IV Authorization form.
Your Mansfield University Shopping Sheet will also include information about how to complete your Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note, as well as, any additional steps you may need to take to complete your loan application.