Scholarships Offered by PA State System of Higher Education (PASSHE)
Scholarship Do's & Don'ts
- Always explore all financial aid options and make sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form before May 1st each year.
- Based on the information provided on the FAFSA, you may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, Pennsylvania State Grant and/or a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG). Grants, like scholarships, are free money.
- Examine all scholarship opportunities.
- Scholarships are not just available to the best and brightest students. All students should attempt the scholarship process.
- The successful scholarship candidate is not necessarily the best and brightest student but the student who is competing with the fewest number of students for an award.
- The word 'essay' is not a bad word...especially in the scholarship world.
- There are numerous free scholarship resources available. You do not need to pay money for scholarship opportunities.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Be very careful regarding scholarship resources that guarantee you a scholarship for a fee.
- In addition to regional and national resources, inquire about local scholarships as well. These scholarships may not be as large as others but there will be less competition.
- If a scholarship is renewable, make sure that you understand what the criterion for renewal is so that you can retain it for future semesters.
- Make sure you are aware of deadlines. Traditionally, many scholarship opportunities open around Thanksgiving and close around the beginning of April. Be sure to apply on time.
- A simple thank-you impresses the benefactor. A thank-you can turn a one-year scholarship into a renewable one.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Sixt Rent-a-Car Scholarship
Hoth SEO Marketing Scholarship
Movavi Multi Media Scholarship
Titan SEO Digital Marketing Scholarship
STEM Lights Me Up Scholarship
Scholarships for Black Students
Health Related Scholarships
Moody Fitness Scholarship