Scholarships Offered by PA State System of Higher Education (PASSHE)
Scholarship Do's & Don'ts
- Always explore all financial aid options and make sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form before May 1st each year.
- Based on the information provided on the FAFSA, you may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, Pennsylvania State Grant and/or a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG). Grants, like scholarships, are free money.
- Examine all scholarship opportunities.
- Scholarships are not just available to the best and brightest students. All students should attempt the scholarship process.
- The successful scholarship candidate is not necessarily the best and brightest student but the student who is competing with the fewest number of students for an award.
- The word 'essay' is not a bad word...especially in the scholarship world.
- There are numerous free scholarship resources available. You do not need to pay money for scholarship opportunities.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Be very careful regarding scholarship resources that guarantee you a scholarship for a fee.
- In addition to regional and national resources, inquire about local scholarships as well. These scholarships may not be as large as others but there will be less competition.
- If a scholarship is renewable, make sure that you understand what the criterion for renewal is so that you can retain it for future semesters.
- Make sure you are aware of deadlines. Traditionally, many scholarship opportunities open around Thanksgiving and close around the beginning of April. Be sure to apply on time.
- A simple thank-you impresses the benefactor. A thank-you can turn a one-year scholarship into a renewable one.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
3LAU "everything" Scholarship
Bubba Wallace Live to Be Different Scholarship
Justice Pays Scholarships
International Business Communications Scholarship
Shinesty: Work Hard, Play Hard Scholarships
Bross & Frankel Disability Scholarship
Birth injury/Cerebral Palsy Scholarship
Lalande Bi-annual Academic Scholarship Fund
The "Test Yourself" Scholarship
Design Your Future Scholarship
Become a Better Driver Scholarship
High Rise Financial
Future Leaders in Technology Scholarship
Anti-Distracted Driving Scholarship
WiseGeek Mental Health Well-Being Scholarship
Beacon Scholarship for Rural America
Zumper Apartments Scholarship
Drew Lewis Scholarship
Dominguez Firm Collegiate Scholarship
Personal Financial Wellness Scholarship
Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship
Sixt Rent-a-Car Scholarship
Law and Personal Injury Scholarships
Hoth SEO Marketing Scholarship
Movavi Multi Media Scholarship
Titan SEO Digital Marketing Scholarship
STEM Lights Me Up Scholarship
Scholarships for Black Students
Elevate Balck Intrepreneurs Scholarship
Real Estate Agent Program
Health Related Scholarships
Moody Fitness Scholarship
Nursing Related Scholarships
VOHRA wound Physicians