Military and Veteran Educational Benefits


As a Veteran, or eligible dependent, you may be able to receive entitlement funding based upon a service obligation.

The MU Veterans Certifying Official will act as the liaison between you and the appropriate federal or regional office, and will complete and submit all necessary forms for benefits to which you may be entitled. The following is an overview of the options a Veteran or eligible dependent may be able to receive to assist them in funding their education.

Our VA Certifying Official is Ms. Denise Davey located in Rm 231 South Hall. You may also contact us via email at


To receive Veterans Education Benefits while attending Mansfield University, you must establish eligibility under one of the following programs:

  • Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
  • Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service
  • Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI Bill
  • Chapter 35 - Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
  • Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
  • Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

Veterans Affairs Certification Request Form

Other Aid Available for Veterans

How to Apply


If you are called to active duty, we want the withdrawal process to be easy and quick. Just fill out the Withdrawal from the University form and attach your deployment papers. Turn both forms into Student Registration & Financial Services in 224 South Hall.

Re-Admittance after Deployment

If you choose to return to the University after deployment, there is no need to re-apply. Please contact the School Certifying Official, Ms. Denise Davey-Smith and let her know when you plan to return. The process for utilizing your educational benefits remains the same.

Veteran Scholarship and Grant Opportunities

U.S. Veterans Magazine

Air Force Aid Society

AFCEA War Veterans Scholarships

AFCEA Educational Foundation

AMVETS National Scholarships

Veterans United Foundation

Thanks USA Scholarships

Pat Tillman Foundation

VFW Sports Clips Scholarships

Student Veterans of America

Army Scholarship Foundation Scholarships

Army Women's Foundation Legacy Scholarships

Women's Memorial Foundation Scholarships

Military Scholarship Finder Database

Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship