Search for departments, programs, people and more...

Other Aid

Other Aid


Apply for Financial Aid via the FAFSA online.

As an undergraduate you may qualify for additional state and federal grants and loans by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. All military and veteran students are encouraged to submit a FAFSA.

PHEAA State Grant

All veterans who are Pennsylvania residents can receive the maximum state grant amount for the academic year, regardless of your financial need. You must apply by the PHEAA deadline of May 1st each year and meet the Pennsylvania domicile guidelines (this is a special benefit PHEAA extends to PA state veterans).

Remember to file your FAFSA by the critical filing deadline of May 1st, for the PA State Grant.

Pennsylvania National Guard FTA (Federal Tuition Assistance) and EAP (Education Assistance Program)

PHEAA and the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) jointly administer the Educational Assistance Program (EAP) for members of the Pennsylvania National Guard. This program provides tuition assistance for students who enter into a service commitment with the Pennsylvania National Guard, typically for a period of six years. This is a program ONLY offered to Pennsylvania National Guard members and is a non-taxable grant. It pays as follows:

If you attend a Commonwealth member institution, it pays full-time tuition (up to 12 credits) directly to the college. If you go to any other college, it will pay the same at a Commonwealth member institution. Either way, it will pay approximately $7,200 per year to the school on your behalf. It is paid directly from PHEAA to the school you are attending. If you use it for the 5 years allowed, it will pay more than $36,100! If you are eligible for Pell grants, PHEAA grants, or Direct loans, it does not affect the amount of the EAP grant.

This information is intended to offer general guidance in requesting your military benefits. Specific questions related to your situation should be directed to your readiness NCO. Be advised these procedures may be modified without notice. Guard members should contact their readiness NCO for specific application requirements regarding Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) and the Education Assistance Program (EAP).

Additional questions and assistance can be obtained by calling the FTA Guard at 717-861-9238 and for EAP Questions at 717-861-8894.

You must apply for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) thirty days prior to the first day of classes.

To apply for FTA, go on line to Do NOT submit paperwork to your unit. You will submit paperwork directly online at this website.

Postsecondary Educational Gratuity Program

This program honors individuals who lost their lives protecting the citizens of Pennsylvania by helping their children fund thier education. The Postsecondary Educational Gratuity Program provides a waiver for tuition, fees, and on-campus room and board costs.

Veteran Scholarship and Grant Opportunities

Everyone living in this country enjoys liberties made possible by the sacrifices of our armed forces veterans. Oftentimes, their personal and professional goals are put on hold as these women and men dedicate a portion, and sometimes the entirety, of their adult lives to serving our nation, at home and abroad. Through federal programs, state level grants and scholarships, school sponsored initiatives, and the work of various non-profit organizations, there are any number of opportunities for you to pursue and obtain a college degree.

Here are some continuing education resources for your review.