Scholarships Offered by PA State System of Higher Education (PASSHE)
Scholarship Do's & Don'ts
- Always explore all financial aid options and make sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form before May 1st each year.
- Based on the information provided on the FAFSA, you may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, Pennsylvania State Grant and/or a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG). Grants, like scholarships, are free money.
- Examine all scholarship opportunities.
- Scholarships are not just available to the best and brightest students. All students should attempt the scholarship process.
- The successful scholarship candidate is not necessarily the best and brightest student but the student who is competing with the fewest number of students for an award.
- The word 'essay' is not a bad word...especially in the scholarship world.
- There are numerous free scholarship resources available. You do not need to pay money for scholarship opportunities.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Be very careful regarding scholarship resources that guarantee you a scholarship for a fee.
- In addition to regional and national resources, inquire about local scholarships as well. These scholarships may not be as large as others but there will be less competition.
- If a scholarship is renewable, make sure that you understand what the criterion for renewal is so that you can retain it for future semesters.
- Make sure you are aware of deadlines. Traditionally, many scholarship opportunities open around Thanksgiving and close around the beginning of April. Be sure to apply on time.
- A simple thank-you impresses the benefactor. A thank-you can turn a one-year scholarship into a renewable one.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association
Mental Health Scholarship
IT Major or IT related major Scholarship
2020 Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship
Covers in Play
Huggable Supermom Scholarship
Courses.com.au (2 scholarship, each $2,500)
DoctorSprings Future of Healthcare Scholarship program
Movavi Scholarship program
Annual Sleep Health Awareness Scholarship by Mattress1000.com
Sixt's Scholarship (5 students $5,000 each)
Healthy Living Scholarship
Injury Doctor Scholarship (someone planning on entering the medical field)
Shook & Stone Law Firm Scholarship (for undergraduates and law students)
Mercer Mettl Scholarship for Emerging Leaders
The Brightech Magnifying Creativity Scholarship
STEM Lights Me Up Scholarship
The Hoth SEO Marketing Scholarship
Don't Text & Drive Scholarship
MoneyKey Thinkers Scholarship
Summit Shah Scholarship
Scholarships for Black Students
Scholarships for Hispanic Students
Scholarships for Minority Students
Golden Meadows Kennels Scholarship
Achieve TMS Mental Health Scholarship