The Book Voucher option is closed for the fall 2018 semester.
If you are not buying your books on campus, you cannot use a book voucher. You will need a cash advance. See cash advance section below.
Any unused voucher money from previous requests has been returned to the student's account and will be included in the refund check.
If you live off campus, please be sure that your off-campus address is updated with Residence Life at email@example.com.
In order to have a book voucher available by the first day of classes for the Fall 2018 (FA18) semester, emergency cash advance/bookstore vouchers must be submitted by Friday, August 24, 2018 at Noon, to allow time for processing. Requests submitted by Aug. 24th will be available for the first day of classes on August 27, 2018.
You may apply for an emergency cash advance or bookstore voucher after the above dates, however, the funds/vouchers will not be available until after the first day of class. Please review the email you receive for information regarding the date your request will be available.
- Note: Due to Federal Regulations, bookstore vouchers and cash advances are not available until the first day of class.
Emergency Cash Advance
The Cash Advance option--click here for the application.
A cash advance borrows against your expected refund. Requests for emergency cash advances may be made for emergency situations only.
Approved cash advance requests on finalized financial aid exceeding current charges will be limited to a maximum of $600. These funds will allow students to cover the cost of incidentals related to college attendance until refund checks are issued. Students will need to plan accordingly to cover expenses until refund checks for FA18 are mailed after Friday, October 12, 2018.
If you are registered to receive your semester refund as a direct deposit, your cash advance will be direct deposited as well. You can expect the cash advance to be deposited in your bank within two business days.
- Request for emergency funds will be considered if your financial aid is final and greater than your charges.
- If you feel you have a financial emergency, please fill out the request form prior to the start of the semester.
- Approved cash advance requests on finalized financial aid exceeding current charges will be limited to a maximum of $600. These funds will allow students to cover the cost of incidentals related to college attendance until refund checks are issued. Students will need to plan accordingly to cover expenses until refund checks are mailed.
- If you are eligible for a bookstore voucher or emergency cash advance you will receive an email via your MU student email account.
- Every effort will be made to have your emergency cash advance or bookstore voucher available on the first day of class.
Questions about this procedure? Contact Julie Cimino at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-662-4388.
Direct Deposit for refunds is now available! You can apply to receive your refund via direct deposit to your bank account within two days of disbursement of funds. Log into WebAdvisor and click on "Bank Information". You will enter the routing number and account number of your bank account. It's that easy! If at any time you want to receive a paper check, simply delete this account information by clicking the delete buttion.
If a student's financial aid is finalized and the disbursement of financial aid and/or loans exceeds the student's charges, the student will be eligible for a refund.
- FA18 refund checks will begin to be mailed after October 12, 2018.
- Local off campus addresses need to be updated by Friday, September 14, 2018 to ensure proper mailing of refund checks.
PLEASE do not contact the campus mail room or the United States Postal Service concerning the delivery of your refund check. The mail room can only deliver your refund check to the dorm mail box. Questions regarding the delivery of refund checks should be direct to Julie Cimino at 570-662-4388 or email@example.com.
Students should update their local off-campus addresses with Residence LIfe by emailing the change to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The summer refund check will be mailed to the student's home address.
Active-Duty Military Students - A full refund of tuition will be granted to students of any PASSHE universities who are military reservists or members of the National Guard and are ordered to active military service by the President of the United States or the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.