Additional non-need-based loan programs are offered by a variety of private lenders and organizations. The repayment terms and eligibility requirements of these loan programs vary widely. These loans are subject to credit approval from the lender. Students are encouraged to carefully review the provisions of the loan before incurring additional obligations. Before you apply for an Alternative loan, you should first consider all aid alternatives including grants, scholarships and federal direct loans. The lenders listed on Elm Select are frequently used by our Alternative Loan students. These lenders provide multiple benefits and an efficient application process. Additionally, they disburse funds electronically to Mansfield University, which allows us to post funds directly to your account. We provide this list as a guide to you; however, you are free to choose another lender without penalty. if you choose another lender, please inform us as soon as possible. Click Here to learn more and for a list of lenders.
New Private Education Loan Regulations: New Federal Regulations require private education loan borrowers to submit to the lender a “Self-Certification Form” at the time of application. Also, private education loan funds cannot be disbursed until borrowers and co-borrowers accept the “Approval Disclosure” your lender is required to provide to you. If you don’t comply with both of these new requirements, you will not receive the loan funds.
Self-Certification Form Instructions: Once the form is received from your lender, log into WebAdvisor. You will find your Cost of Attendance (COA) and eligible financial aid on the shopping sheet.
Student Lending Code of Conduct
- Mansfield University is committed to providing students and their families with the best information and processing alternatives available regarding student borrowing. In support of this and in an effort to rule out any perceived or actual conflict of interest between Mansfield University officers, employees, or agents and education loan lenders, Mansfield University has adopted the following:
- Mansfield University does not participate in any revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender.
- Mansfield University does not permit any officer, employee or agent of the school who is employed in the financial aid office or is otherwise involved in the administration of education loans to accept any gifts of greater than nominal value from any lender, guarantor or servicer.
- Mansfield University does not permit any officer, employee or agent of the school who is employed in the financial aid office or is otherwise involved in the administration of education loans to accept any fee, payment or other financial benefit (including a stock purchase option) from a lender or affiliate of a lender as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide services to a lender or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.
- Mansfield University does not permit any officer, employee or agent of the school who is employed in the financial aid office or is otherwise involved in the administration of education loans to accept any thing of value from a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders and/or guarantors in exchange for service on an advisory board, commission or other group established by such a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders and/or guarantors. Mansfield University does allow for the reasonable reimbursement of expenses associated with participation in such boards, commissions or groups by lenders, guarantors, or groups of lenders and/or guarantors.
- Mansfield University does not assign a lender to any first-time borrow through financial aid packaging or any other means.
- Mansfield University recognizes that a borrower has the right to choose any lender from which to borrow to finance his/her education. Mansfield University will not refuse to certify or otherwise deny or delay certification of a loan based on the borrower’s selection of a lender and/or guarantor.
- Mansfield University will not request or accept any offer of funds to be used for private education loans to students from any lender in exchange for providing the lender with a specified number or volume of Title IV loans, or a preferred lender arrangement for Title IV loans.
- Mansfield University will not request or accept any assistance with call center or financial aid office staffing.