2020-2021 Tuition and Fees
|Tuition (12-18 Credits):
|Housing (B-unit 2 Person Shared):
|Dining (14 Meal Plan):
Tuition, Housing and Fees Cost Estimator
The 2021-2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is now available.
The FAFSA can be completed as of October 1, 2020. Please note, you will use your 2019 tax information to fill out the 2021-22 FAFSA.
You must file the FAFSA to apply for the Federal Pell Grant, PHEAA State Grant, Federal Direct Loans, Federal Work Study and the Federal TEACH Grant.
1. We strongly recommend that you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool provided on the FAFSA. This tool allows the information filed with the IRS to be directly transferred to the FAFSA. Using this option may reduce documents that you are asked to provide to the Financial Aid Office and may also reduce the possibility of errors on your FAFSA application.
2. Pennsylvania Residents MUST file the FAFSA no later than May 1, 2021 to be considered for a PHEAA Grant for 2021-2022.
3. If you have been granted a Dependency Override in a prior year, you need to file your FAFSA online and contact our office so that we may again make the necessary corrections to your FAFSA application.
4. Do not mail any documents to the federal processor when completing the Renewal FAFSA online.
5. The 2021-2022 FAFSA deadline is June 30, 2022.
6. A Shopping Sheet is available to you on your student portal. It is a consumer tool to notify you about your financial aid package. It is a standardized form that is designed to simplify the information that you receive about costs and financial aid so that you can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school.
If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office. We are located in 231 South Hall, or you may call us at 570-662-4129 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Student Loan and PLUS Loan Borrowers
Federal Direct Loans are awarded to students (who qualify) and Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) to parents who indicate an interest. The federal student loan servicer is the U.S. Department of Education rather than a bank or other financial institution. This will require all federal student loan borrowers to complete an electronic Master Promissory Note, Entrance Counseling and the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment (ASLA) online at https://studentaid.gov.
Parents of dependent students who are interested in applying for the Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) for summer 2020 or the 2020-2021 academic year can also go to the Department of Education's loan website at https://studentaid.gov to apply. If the loan is approved, the parent borrower will also need to complete an electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) and a Parent Title IV Authorization form.
Need a Tax Transcript or Letter of Non-Filing from the IRS for Verification?
Just follow any one of these easy steps:
- Click on http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- In person you can also go to your local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center and order a tax return transcript in person. Go to www.irs.gov, click Contact Your Local Office at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Through the mail: The request form (Form 4506T) can be downloaded from www.irs.gov. Click on Get Your Tax Record, then Get Transcript by Mail.
- Obtain an IRS Letter of Non-filing - This letter provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year you requested. It doesn't indicate whether you were required to file a return for that year. This letter is available for the current tax year or anytime for the prior three tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. You must use Form 4506-T if you need a letter for tax years older than the prior three years.
The new student self-service portal is available for all of your Financial Aid, student account and registration needs. By logging into selfservice.mansfield.edu, you are able to:
- Review your financial aid package
- Accept or decline your guaranteed student loans through the FAFSA
- View a checklist of items necessary to complete your financial aid package with links to complete those tasks
- View your federal loan (including loans procured outside of MU) and federal Pell grant histories
- View helpful links for:
- Parents to apply for the PLUS
- Completing your state grant application
- Applying for a private educational loan
- Check on your academic progress
- View your most recent statement
- View recent activity on your account i.e., charges, financial aid, refunds (if any)
- Search for a course
- Find out what books you’ll need
Please check the portal consistently along with your Mountie email to keep on top of your student enrollment needs.
FAFSA Verification Portal
The verification portal at Mansfield.verifymyfafsa.com allows you to complete the verification process and other requests related to your federal student aid and offers a secure, digital platform for uploading necessary documents.
Other possible requests include:
- A review of loss of income from what was submitted on the FAFSA for the academic year
- A budget appeal for extraordinary expenses
- An academic progress appeal if you were unable to make satisfactory academic progress
- A review of your dependency status if you feel you are an independent student
- Emergency CARES Act funds for immediate relief of a loss of income due to the pandemic